Instructional Paraprofessional/Noon Aide/Crossing Guard (approx. 7 hrs/day)
Morning Star Elementary School
Description: This position is for approximately 7 hours per day during the school year.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (other duties may be assigned):
High School diploma or GED plus two years post secondary training, or
ability to meet NCLB requirements. Previous experience working with
- Tutors students individually or in small groups according to lesson plans or at the direction of classroom teachers.
- Assists in assessing students' language and math skills and tutors to reinforce and follow up learning activities.
- Assists teacher in classroom operation and maintaining discipline.
- Assists with set up of classroom and preparation of materials.
- Assists students with schoolwork, test taking, organization, studying and related tasks.
- Assists with attendance reports, grading papers and tests.
- Processes and maintains inventory of books and other classroom materials and equipment.
- Assists on outings, field trips and other outside of the classroom activities.
- Operates standard school equipment such as laminator, copier, computer, audio-visual machines, etc.
- Assists teachers or office staff with various clerical or administrative functions.
- Assists injured or sick pupils; contact parents for pick-up.
students in common areas before and after school, at lunch, on the
playground, or in the classroom when the teacher is temporarily absent.
student safety before and after school by supervising bus loading or
assisting at cross walks and reporting unsafe motorists or traffic
conditions to supervisor and/or police.
- Assists with other activities necessary for the effective and efficient operation of the classroom or program.
- Treats all matters of school business in a confidential manner
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Application Procedures: Apply on-line