AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Committed to Workforce Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
JOB ID: 1375
July 24, 2012
School Bus Driver (multiple positions available)
2012-2013 School Year
District Services Building
TYPE OF POSITION:
School days, 4-5 hrs/day, specific hours to be determined
Multiple positions possible
Hours may vary based on building/program needs
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minnesota Class B Commercial Drivers License with the following endorsements: Air Brakes, Passenger and School Bus (training is provided for successful applicants)
- No more than three (3) moving violations within three (3) years
All Employees of Saint Cloud School District 742 are responsible to support District goals, to work collaboratively and respectfully with diverse populations of staff, students and parents and model and to promote a welcoming working and learning environment. Employees are expected to support and adapt to change and demonstrate commitment to continuous performance improvement. Employees are responsible to establish and maintain effective communication with students, teachers, support staff, colleagues and parents, respect confidential matters, encourage a safe and secure environment throughout the District, and be dependable and accountable in the performance of their work.
The school bus operator is responsible for safe transportation of District 742 students.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION:
Open until filled
Please complete the on-line application found on the District's employment page.
- Demonstrate ability to safely operate each type of school bus owned and operated by District 742
- Demonstrate competency in each of the following areas as required by state law:
-Safely operate the type of school bus the driver will be driving
-Understand student behavior, including issues relating to students with disabilities
-Encourage orderly conduct of students on the bus and handle incidents of misconduct appropriately
-Know and understand relevant laws, rules of the road, and local school bus safety policies
-Safely load and unload students
- Attend meetings with transportation, school administrators, and the public when necessary
- Complete student incident reports when applicable
- Maintain fuel and mileage log sheets, pre-trip forms and any other required forms
- Verifies route sheets for accuracy and make relevant recommendations to the operations coordinator and/or transportation supervisor
- Sweep school bus daily and clean inside/outside when necessary
- Attend all safety and informational meetings required by the District
- Maintain current first aid certification, provided
- Displaying the level of professionalism as expected by District 742
Performs other comparable duties of a like or similar nature as assigned.
- Frequent: walking, standing, sitting, hearing, talking, and seeing
It is the prerogative of the District to assign staff so as to best meet the needs of the District.