Posted July 25, 2012
Deadline for application: August 8, 2012
Contract length: 2012-2013
Compensation: Salary and benefits are regionally competitive and based on experience and training.
Work Schedule: 260 days
Nature and Scope of Job: Coordinate educational programs for students receiving special education services district wide including associated programming and supports.
Education, Licenses, Certification or Formal Training:
· Master’s Degree in Special Education or related field.
· Current Colorado administrator license with preference given to Special Education Director License.
Qualifications: Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of staff and the general public, both verbally and in writing. Ability to weigh options, think clearly, and evaluate accurately. Ability to make decisions with sound judgment. Ability to develop a plan to make decisions to facilitate its fulfillment. Ability to concentrate with numerous interruptions. Flexibility to work effectively, both independently and in teams. Must be persuasive, alert, creative, and demonstrate patience, initiative, and reasoning.
Essential Job Functions:
· Provide oversight for programming aimed at improving the academic achievement of students with disabilities.
· Designs and implements professional development opportunities for both special education and general education staff. Works with parent organizations and advisory groups.
· Assists general education classroom staff and administration in developing special education services for students who can be served in the general education setting including the provision of appropriate accommodations.
· Monitor and evaluate special education program effectiveness and guide improvement practices as needed through the development of procedures and identification of training needs.
· Provide support and work collaboratively with site leadership in the evaluation of special education staff within designated buildings.
· Evaluate itinerant, district wide, and selected center based special education staff as assigned.
· Create and maintain written procedures to support special education staff in the provision of special education services in alignment with state and federal rules and regulations.
· Supports communication with all school and community stakeholders.
· Assists Director of Exceptional Student Services in recruitment, selection, assignment and retention of qualified special education teachers and ancillary personnel.
· Assists in the development and reporting of special education resources in alignment with state and federal guidelines
· Assist in the creation of Colorado Department of Education (CDE) reports and continuous improvement monitoring process (CIMP).
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Weld County School District 6 shall not discriminate in its employment or hiring practices on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. The Superintendent is committed to cultural diversity among district personnel as a means of enriching educational experience. The District shall identify, solicit, and consider applicants for employment from a broad spectrum of qualified individuals who will contribute to that effort.
Apply online www.greeleyschools.org