This work entails considerable contact with students, staff, parents and other visitors to the school. This employee works within clearly established systems and procedures and exercises independent judgment in the performance of routine matters.
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Experience working with students of high school age.
3. Knowledge or ability to acquire knowledge of behavior patterns of high school students.
4. Ability to acquire knowledge of school security rules and to enforce these rules, as trained.
5. Ability to react to unique and emergency situations and ability to take responsible and appropriate courses of action.
6. Ability to physically move around throughout the campus.
7. Exemplary interpersonal skills and ability to communicate clearly in person, in writing and over the telephone.
1. Assists the school administration by promoting good and safe student behavior by:
a. monitoring visitor access to the school, including registering visitors and providing directions as needed;
b. maintaining a security presence in the student lounge, washrooms, study halls, corridors, and other areas inside and outside of the school buildings;
c. monitoring and supervising students in study halls as assigned; and
d. writing and submitting campus offense reports to adviser chairs, Assistant Principal for Student Services, and Security Manager as requested.
2. Assists students, staff, and visitors by enforcing safety regulations in parking lots and perimeter streets by assisting crossing guards and ensuring that rules governing parking areas are enforced.
3. Projects a positive image of the district to parents, students and staff, as well as exhibit a positive employee attitude.
4. Adheres to all policies and procedures outlined in the “New Trier Campus Security Handbook.”
5. Continues job performance enhancement by participating in professional growth activities.
6. Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Rate of Pay: Not less than $15.26 per hour based on 2011-2012 pay scale; 2012-2013 pay scale not yet determined
Assignment: School year; 7:30 a.m. until 4:00 p.m.