Cañon City School District Fremont RE-1 is accepting applications for the position of SUBSTITUTE PARAPROFESSIONALS AND SUBSTITUTE AIDES. These positions are On-Call/As-Needed during the school year. Hours and locations will vary depending on District needs. Starting pay is $8.07 per hour.
• Paraprofessionals must meet proficiency on paraprofessional assessment or possess an AA Degree or the equivalency of two years of undergraduate college classes (approximately 48 hours)
• Aide positions require a high school diploma
• Ability to work cooperatively in a school atmosphere with staff members, students and the public
• Ability to read, write and speak the English language and comply with directions and instructions to complete tasks and establish priorities.
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. unassisted
POSITION DUTIES INCLUDE:
• Demonstrate reliability in all work situations
• Present a professional appearance personally and in the work area
• Promote and maintain positive working relationships with peers, students, parents and the public
• Be knowledgeable about the job
• Always strive to stay on task and produce high quality work
• Model the District's Mission and Belief Statements
• Under the direction of the supervising teacher, implement schedules and routines, work 1-to-1, in small groups or in full classroom settings, complete and perform clerical tasks, and support school-wide and classroom management plans
• Meet the educational, physical and emotional needs of students assigned
• Possess skills to be able to utilize basic technology as directed by the District to communicate and function effectively as a 21st century employee.
• Assist with supervisory, clerical or other job-related duties as assigned.
• Ability to work with a variety of students with special needs
• May include outside supervision in inclement weather
• Flexible, positive attitude, patient
• Exceptionally reliable and dependable
• Ability to balance self-initiative with directions from supervisors
• Effective behavior management strategies
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
TO APPLY: A district application must be completed online at www.canoncityschools.org. Inquiries may be made to: Ty Valentine, Director of Human Resources, Cañon City Schools, 101 N. 14th St., Cañon City, CO 81212 (719) 276-5700. Applications must be complete to be considered.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Cañon City Schools is an equal opportunity education institution and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of age, race color, national origin, sex, disability or sexual orientation. Cañon City Schools complies with Title IX.