ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Other duties may be assigned.
The Pre-K/Early Childhood teacher shall:
· Plan individual and group activities to stimulate growth in language, social, and motor skills such as learning to listen to instructions, playing with others, and using play equipment.
- Assist children in the acquisition of all developmental skills including self-help skill development (toileting/diapering, feeding/eating, dressing etc.).
· Develop and use instructional materials suitable for verbal or visual instruction of pupils with a wide range of mental, physical, and emotional maturates.
· Develop in each pupil an awareness of his worth as an individual and his role in his family and community.
· Encourage pupils to express themselves creatively in art, music, and dramatic play.
· Provide appropriate climate to establish and reinforce acceptable pupil behavior, attitudes, social skills.
· Cooperate with and seek assistance from other professional staff members.
· Create an effective environment for learning through functional and attractive displays, interest centers, and exhibits of pupils' work.
· Provide individual and small group instruction designed to meet individual needs of pupils in communications skills, health habits, physical skills, and development of self-concepts.
· Plan and coordinate the work of instructional assistants, parents, and volunteers in the classroom and on field trips.
· Communicate regularly with parents by means of a newsletter, notes, phone calls and individual parent conferences.
· Interpret school program to parents in order to strengthen parental understanding of the individual pupil's needs and the school's role in the pupil's life.
· Enrich educational program through study trips to community resources such as museums, parks, Auer Farm and through classroom visits by resource persons from the school and community. Shares and interprets these experiences with pupils and parents.
· Select and requisition, instructional aids, supplies, and schedule snacks.
· Promote parent participation and involvement in education activities provided for their children.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Well developed oral, written and speaking skills.
- Connecticut State Teacher Certification with one of the following endorsements: (Pre-Kindergarten-Kindergarten), 112 (Integrated Early Childhood/Special Ed., Birth-K), 113 (Integrated Early Childhood/Special Ed., N-K, Elem 1-3)
- Applications are reviewed as received.
Equal Opportunity Employer