“Kids First” Montezuma-Cortez RE-1 P.O. Drawer R, Cortez, CO 81321,
JOB VACANCY – TEACHING POSTION
July 25, 2012
GIFTED & TALENTED TEACHER
Location: Montezuma-Cortez Schools
Start Date: 2012-2013 School Year
Deadline: Open until filled
Reports To: Gifted Education Coordinator
· Must hold or qualify for Colorado Licensure
· Understanding of standards, assessment, and curriculum integration
· Knowledge of Colorado Content Standards preferred
· Meet monthly with fourth and fifth grade teaches to ensure that identified gifted and talented students receive appropriate programming services.
· Teach independent study or a specific subject/enrichment to small groups of students when advanced activities/curriculum beyond the classroom is appropriate.
· Facilitate (recruit coaches, disseminate information, etc.) specific GT elementary competitions: e.g., Knowledge Bowl, Spelling Bee and Destination Imagination.
· Collaborate with classroom teachers for completion of Advanced Learning Plans (ALP) on all identified students. Assist in the design of modified curricular, where applicable.
· Communicate with parents in multiple ways regarding their student’s participation and progress in the Gifted Education Program. Be available during parent-teacher conference times, when feasible, for meetings with parents.
· Meet periodically with the individual elementary principals for indirect/functional reporting.
· Observe all identified students throughout the school year, including analysis of different test scores, grades, portfolios, rubrics, etc.
· Monitor gifted individuals who require consulting and/or counseling services.
· Prepare miscellaneous year-end reports; e.g., lists of identified students, including their area(s) of giftedness. Work with office personnel to update SASI to ensure accurate identification.
· Attend weekly Gifted Education staff meetings, and when appropriate, applicable staff meetings at the elementary schools.
· Attend the 4 Corners Association for Gifted & Talented monthly meetings, when possible. Provide updates and articles of interest for publication in the 4CAGT newsletter, Brain Boosters’ Biz.
· Attend the state or national conference each year, or visit at least one other educational institution with a FT program.
· Partake in Networking Meetings, when feasible
· Participate in GT classes offered throughout the year, when applicable.
Please visit our website www.cortez.k12.co.us to complete an application, candidates for professional vacancies in District RE-1 must have the following included in their application:
1. Completed application form
3. University/College credential file or three (3) letters of reference
5. Copy of Colorado License/Certificate or documentation of ability to obtain it before employment.
6. Philosophy of Education
Please submit a completed transfer request form. Forms are located within your building or can be picked up at the District Office. This is a 9-month position.
Montezuma-Cortez RE-1 School District is an equal opportunity employer.