Posting Date: 07/26/2012
Closing Date: 07/30/2012
Position: Middle School Principal (for internal ISD 622 candidates only)
Location: Maplewood Middle School
Start date: Summer 2012
Salary: $102,676-$116,845 (likely will increase with upcoming contract settlement)
Benefits: Per Principal Master Agreement (may be viewed at www.isd622.org)
1) Qualifies for or holds valid Minnesota Middle School or K-12 Principal licensure;
2) Has experience leading and getting results through a collaborative management model;
3) Possesses excellent public relations, interpersonal and problem-solving skills;
4) Shows effective skills in staff motivation, supervision, instructional improvement, curriculum development and on-site management;
5) Expresses understanding and commitment to shared decision-making processes;
6) Proven to be an instructional leader with a strong vision for our future;
7) Demonstrates intercultural competence;
8) Ability to lead change, have courageous conversations, and resolve conflicts.
1) Experience with Positive Behavior Intervention System approach;
2) Knowledge of, and experience applying, best instructional practices at the middle school level;
3) Experience in gathering and using data to make instructional decisions;
4) Experience with the "professional learning community" model for engaging staff and improving students' performance;
5) Possesses the ability to hold self and others accountable to high professional standards;
6) Experience building a positive and productive learning environment in an increasingly diverse school;
7) History of establishing constructive, healthy relationships with parents and the larger community.
Maplewood is an outstanding school with a diverse population who has a dedicated staff that is student focused. We strive to be recognized by the school district for outstanding achievement. Maplewood has established new initiatives to improve standardized test scores. The staff is student centered, results driven, and continuously improving.
Apply online at www.isd622.org. Click on Human Resources and Employment Opportunities.