BULLETIN – PLEASE POST INTERNAL/EXTERNAL
TO: All Staff, Placement Agencies and Universities
FROM: Betty Savage, Assistant Superintendent of Human Resources
DATE: July 26, 2012
RE: Dean of Students – Muskegon High School
Muskegon Public Schools currently has an opening for a Dean of Students at Muskegon High School. This is an Administrative position for 199 days per year. Salary for this position is $55,000 per year.
The Dean of Students primary responsibility is to work in collaboration with teachers, administrators and parents to provide direct student services and address the unique emotional, cognitive and social needs of students. The position requires that the Dean work closely with the Principal, Assistant Principal and Director of Facilities and Transportation in an administrative team context to effectively promote the goals and objectives of the Muskegon Public Schools.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Nurture positive relationships with all students.
- Supervise students during passing time in the halls, on school grounds, in the lunchroom, and at all school activities (before, during and after school).
- Conduct regular inspections of the school building and grounds for safety needs.
- Assist with student attendance and disciplinary matters. Work closely with teachers and parents in these areas.
- Assist with student registration
- Assist with the general operation of the school.
- Assist parents and students in obtaining homework missed due to in-school and out-of-school absences.
- Maintain effective communication with the school community in general, and parents, specifically.
- Revise all handbooks
- Maintain complete, up-to-date and accurate records as required.
- Perform all other duties as needs arise.
1. Excellent organizational skills.
2. Excellent interpersonal skills.
3. Ability to deal with a variety of student needs.
4. Extensive training/experiences in relevant youth work.
5. Ability to use technology as it applies to performance of duties.
- Bachelor’s Degree
To apply for this position, please fill out an application through our online application system, AppliTrack. Go to the MPS website link listed below:
Link: Click on - Job Listings (at the top of your screen)
Click on the link to fill out a job application.
Please follow directions carefully and review your
application for accuracy.
Make sure your application contains the following:
1. A cover letter stating your interest.
2. A current resume listing experience, qualifications plus other relevant information.
3. A copy of your college transcript.
If you are an internal candidate and interested in applying, please do so in writing to:
Betty Savage, Assistant Superintendent of Human Resources
Hackley Administration Building - Room 104
349 W. Webster Ave.
Muskegon, MI 49440
On or before 4:00 p.m., August 8, 2012.