Education and/or Experience:
High School diploma or Associate's Degree preferred. Experience with early childhood education. First aid training and CPR certification is required. Communicable disease training is required. Attendance at child-abuse in-service is required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promote social, emotional, physical, language, and cognitive development in children
- Establish an environment for children (birth to age eight) that encourages developmentally appropriate play, exploration, and learning
- Demonstrate business skills necessary to operate a successful and financially sound early childhood program (legal, operational, human relationships)
- Supervise, guide and care for children during their learning experiences in art, music, science, outdoor play, reading and writing
- Demonstrate principles of nutrition
- Select equipment, set up centers, and prepare floor plan and layouts for learning.
- Align activities with Early Learning Content Standards
- Maintains up to date knowledge of technology utilized by the district.
Must satisfy all job related attendance requirements.
A record free of criminal violations that would prohibit public school employment.
Hours: 7:30-11:30 a.m. Monday through Friday
Salary: $17.10 per hour
Availability of Position: August 2012
Application Procedure: Apply online at http://www.greatoaks.com/
Applications accepted through August 10, 2012 or until position is filled.
Equal Opportunity: All Great Oaks Institute of Technology and Career Development educational activities, employment practices, programs and services are offered without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, or disability.