PART TIME - 4 hours per day
Preferred Minimum Qualifications:
1. High school graduate or equivalent.
2. Demonstrate ability to work cooperatively with district staff.
3. Maintain a neat and clean appearance.
4. Ability to lift 50 pounds.
5. Ability and willingness to take directions.
6. Ability and willingness to meet the needs of staff and students.
7. Excellent references including attendance and punctuality.
To provide students with a safe, attractive, comfortable, clean, and efficient place in which to learn, play, and develop.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Keep all assigned floors in a clean and attractive condition and a good state of preservation.
2. Snow removal.
3. Demonstrate ability to work independently without close supervision.
1. Clean assigned work area to include vacuuming, dusting, blackboards, empty waste basket, pencil sharpener, restrooms, sinks, windows.
2. Perform minor requests as directed.
3. Conserve electricity and heat, making sure building is secure each evening.
4. Report vandalism to head custodian.
5. Report all unsafe conditions to head custodian.
6. Lower flags.
7. Maintain equipment used as directed.
8. Perform outside work as directed.
9. Perform summer cleanup work such as stripping floor, painting, outside work, light fixtures, wash walls and windows, furniture.
10. Change light bulbs when necessary.
11. Prepare for special occasions or evening activities.
12. Advise head custodian of needed supplies and equipment.
Tools and Equipment:
Vacuum cleaner, lawn mower, buffer, snow blower and carpet cleaner. All tools and equipment may not be listed.
Evening Custodians are a Grade 5 on the Classified Salary Schedule.
Classified Salary Schedule
260 days per year - 4 Hour Work Days