Home School Support
East Middle School
Building Instructional Assistant
Monday through Friday - 7 hours per week
Able to be flexible with work schedule
- Strong oral and written communication skills with parents, students, and teachers
- Customer service attitude
- Computer experience working with Word, Excel, Publisher, and Pinnacle preferred
- Ability to work with people from a diverse background
- Previous experience with student registration process of assisted and unassisted home school students preferred
- Previous experience with coding, scheduling and permanent student record keeping preferred
- Ability to multi-task
- Experience working in a team atmosphere
- Strong organizational skills
- Accepting of change and ability to manage interruptions
- Detail oriented
Employee must be able to sit, stoop, bend, and walk as needed on a daily basis. While performing duties within this job, employee may be exposed to indoor and outdoor conditions and a noise level that can range from mild to loud.
The Sioux City Community School District is a supporter of the National Career Readiness Certificate. The Certificate consists of assessments that measure skills critical to on-the-job success: Applied Mathematics, Reading for Information, and Locating Information. We highly recommend applicants for our non-certified positions visit Iowa Workforce Development to learn more about the National Career Readiness Certificate. If you have completed the assessments necessary for the certificate, please submit your scores with your job application.
The Sioux City Community School District prohibits discrimination based on race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, physical or mental disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or veteran status. The School District does not and will not discriminate on the basis of these above mentioned categories in employment or in the educational programs, activities, and vocational opportunities offered by the District.
Every effort will be made to recruit the most qualified candidates for all positions within the District. We recognize that diversity is an asset to be valued and will strive to encourage diversity among our workforce.