1. High school diploma or GED required; Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
2. Strong communication and organization skills
3. Ability to work independently and collaboratively
4. Experience with out of school programming and activities
The following documents must be complete and current for application to be considered for this position:
X Online Application
X Letter of Interest
Certification and/or License
X Three Current Letters of Recommendation (dated within one year of application)
X Other: Letter of interest should include background information
REPORTS TO: Program Directors – Out of School Programs and Site Coordinator (evaluated by Program Directors)
JOB GOAL: To assist in oversight of program for 21<SUP>st</SUP> Century Crossroads program for East Hartford Public Schools as well as other out of school programs and activities.
- Assist Site Coordinator with management of daily operations of out of school programs and activities at building site.
- Remain at building site during all program hours, unless otherwise notified by Program Director(s) and/or Site Coordinator.
- Develop and maintain a high level of communication and positive relationships with principals, teachers, school staff, and program staff at building site.
- Assist Site Coordinator with recruitment and training of program activity providers.
- Plan and conduct staff meetings as directed by Site Coordinator.
- Design and implement out of school programs and activities for site.
- Take daily attendance for each program activity.
- Assist with tutoring students.
- Monitor and address student behavior in collaboration with Site Coordinator and activity providers.
- Prepare and distribute snacks and drinks.
- Ensure safety of students during program.
- Serve as activity substitute when necessary.
- Dismiss students from program and monitor parent sign-out.
- Meet with Site Coordinator on a regular basis.
- Attend professional development and training workshops.
- Assist Program Directors and Site Coordinator with community projects, program activity planning, and fieldtrips.
- Create list of supplies needed for program activities.
- Build positive relationships with students and parents.
- Oversee program in absences of Site Coordinator.
- Prepare reports for Site Coordinator and Program Director.
- Assume such other functions as may be determined.
Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board’s policy on Evaluation of Non-Certified Staff.