We are looking for a results-driven, highly organized
professional to join the Breakthrough Support team as a Human
Resources & Talent Associate! This is an exciting opportunity
to work with a highly motivated, mission driven team and to
support a growing network of high performing schools!
HR & Talent Associate
Director of Talent and HR
Breakthrough Charter Schools
Full-time, Salary, Exempt
The HR & Talent Associate role allows the Associate to serve
in a generalist capacity, supporting all functional areas of
human resources including benefits, talent acquisition, and
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manages all aspects of Breakthrough's benefits package
comprised of major medical, dental, vision, life, and long-term
disability insurance, as well as our health savings account
(HSA), health flex spending account (FSA) and state retirement
- Processes benefit and employee information changes,
relaying to the payroll department, recording in files, and
changing in appropriate program.
- Assists employees with benefits related
needs/questions/issues that are unresolved by provider customer
service. Intervenes on employees' behalf as needed with
- Assists with the monthly audit of benefit carrier
- Supports the open enrollment, plan renewal, and rate
- Designs, implements and administers substitute teacher pool
using a substitute management system. Periodically updates the
system to assure adequate inventory and directories of
- Supports the HR team by engaging in general activities such
as career fairs, recruitment events, and diversity initiatives,
reviews resume and application, conducts phone screens and
updates records in Applitrack.
- Oversees the onboarding process for all employees including
employee record collection for all new employees as needed
throughout the year as well as during our 50 employee+ summer
- Maintains employee records and ensure they are 100%
accurate and up to date at all times.
- Participates in the support and maintenance of our
customized ADP HRIS.
- Responds to employment verification requests.
- Processes short-term disability, workers compensation, and
- Tracks teacher certification, fingerprinting, and highly
qualified status reports.
- Produces accurate and detailed reports related to
recruitment, compensation, diversity, and retention in response
to audits, grants, and internal inquiries.
- Support the Director of Human Resources on additional
projects and employee relations issues.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty accurately. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
. Passionate belief in the mission of Breakthrough
Technical HR acumen.
Knowledgeable about state and federal labor, employment, and
insurance law, charter and education law a plus.
Has a strong regard for confidentiality and employs sound
reasoning to make quick determinations.
Attention to detail.
Thinks critically about the details of a task at hand.
Has an uncommon ability to catch errors at a glance.
Organization and project management.
Keeps track of upcoming, ongoing, and past work product.
Understands shifting priorities and deadlines and can juggle
multiple and varied projects simultaneously.
Communication with stakeholders.
Gears communications towards the target audience and employs
negotiation and buy-in skills as needed. Audiences include
candidates, school leaders, teachers, parents, brokers,
vendors, and State compliance agencies.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products, including Excel,
Word and PowerPoint.
- In addition, the following characteristics are required to
be successful on this team.
Enthusiastic about taking on last-minute challenges and changes
in schedule and possesses the ability to embrace change whether
it is your own or others on the team is key.
. Working with teammates to create the final product.
Possesses willingness to go above and beyond the requirements
of the job to be innovative and support the organization.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources Management,
Organizational Development or other related Bachelor's degree
- 3-5 years related experience required.
The position's primary location will be 9711 Lamont Ave.,
Cleveland, Ohio 44106. Site visits and meetings at member
schools across Cleveland may be required. Travel for campus
meetings, training and peer organization meetings may be
Complete online application at
Upload a cover letter and resume