Program Assistant – Our Place
Applications via email to : email@example.com
Location: Wilmette, IL
The mission of Our Place of New Trier Township is to support teens and adults with developmental disabilities so that they can live meaningful, productive lives in their home community with family and friends - To learn more about us, visit our website at www.ourplaceofnewtrier.org or find us on Facebook
The program assistant is an essential team member working to improve the social and life skills of teens and young adults with developmental disabilities.
General Duties and Responsibilities Include Assisting in:
• Operating programs to improve the social skills of participants so that they can build and sustain friendships, function appropriately in jobs and volunteer positions and integrate in meaningful ways in the community.
• Engaging with participants and peer mentors in community outings to restaurants, bowling alleys, parks and recreation centers, libraries and coffee shops.
• Assisting in job coaching in the vocational program.
• Developing strategies that motivate individuals to participate in activities communicate with peers and join in group projects.
• Working with participants to develop independence in food preparation, activity set-up and clean-up, participation choices and movement activities.
• Supervising peer mentor volunteers during programs.
• Providing input for individual evaluations.
• Performing other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
This is a part-time hourly paid position for around 20 hours per week. We currently run programs from 9am to 6pm Monday to Friday and 6pm to 9pm on Saturday evenings. The specific hours to be worked will depend on the requirements of the program and the preferences of the candidate.
$13 to $18 per hour depending on experience.