Effective immediately the Human Resources Department will accept on line applications for a Health Assistant, Secretary III position at the Secondary Building. This position is working 6.5 hours a day, plus .5 hour unpaid lunch, Monday - Friday, effective August 20, 2012. The salary range is $17.59 – $19.03 per hour, based on the 2010-12 master agreement between SSP School District #6 and Local 12.
Reports to: Building Principal, Licensed School Nurse and/or Director of Special Services
Job Summary: Assist school nurse by assuming routine recordkeeping activities, and assists in providing health services. Work under the immediate guidance and direction of a registered nurse or licensed school nurse.
Essential functions of the job may include but are not limited to the following:
- Carry out first aid and emergency procedures for ill and injured students as directed by the school nurse.
- Administer medication to students according to board policy and district procedures; maintain accurate log of medications dispensed.
- Assist with screening activities including measuring height and weight, testing vision and hearing, and scalp.
- Use Universal Precautions Procedures when cleaning all body spills and providing wound care.
- Compile, maintain, and file all physical and computerized reports, records, and other documents required, including accurate, updated health records on all students.
- Maintain a daily log of health office, activities, including reportable accidents, communicable disease data, and referrals to school nurse.
- Comply with policies established by federal and state laws, Minnesota Department of Health rule, State Board of Education rule, and board policy in health service area.
- Keep nurse’s office clean and sanitary.
Other functions of the job include but are not limited to the following:
- Record information on student health records.
- Maintain clinic supply inventory and request supplies as needed.
- Participate in staff development training programs as assigned.
- Perform other general duties to accomplish the objectives and goals of the total school program.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Graduate or equivalent is required
- Current LPN license is preferred
- Current first aid, CPR certification and medication administration experience
- Respect for confidentiality of student health information
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with staff, students and parents
- Ability to recognize job limitations
- Computer experience
- Must have the ability and proven record of reporting to work on a regular and punctual basis.
- Elementary School: Enters daily student absences/tardiness and reason codes on the TSIS computerized Daily Attendance Program. Calls parents of absent students who have not phoned in. Provides teachers with quarterly attendance for each student. Keeps Licensed School Nurse, Principal and Check and Connect worker informed of students with frequent absences or tardiness. Completes end of the year state attendance report requirements.
- Physically capable of meeting all performance responsibilities required with students
- Maintain emotional control under stress
- Exposure to bacterial and communicable disease
To apply for this position please apply online at www.sspps.org by Monday, August 6, 2012