* NCLB (No Child Left Behind) highly qualified criteria
* Illinois Teaching Certificate in Elementary Education
* Master's Degree in Reading
* Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable
*Direct Supervisor: Building Principal
1. Provide interventions for groups of students 30-40 minute blocks daily.
2. Participate in literacy team meetings, professional study groups and staff development sessions in best literacy practices.
3. Share expertise e.g. through teaching model lessons, presenting workshops, facilitating study groups.
4. Collect and analyze data to assess and inform teaching and learning.
5. Maintains the integrity of the program by adhering to the roles and responsibilities of the coach-interventionist as outlined by the IPCL Training Center.
6. Demonstrates knowledge of literacy content and pedagogy.
7. Establish goals for the literacy instructional support program appropriate to each school setting and the learners served.
8. Create an environment of trust and respect between classroom teachers, staff and themselves.
9. Engage learners in learning new instructional skills.
10. Show professionalism, including integrity and confidentiality.
Per 2012-2013 Certified Salary Schedule
Apply Online at www.unit5.org
INTERNAL APPLICANTS WISHING TO TRANSFER SHOULD APPLY ONLINE AND USE THE INTERNAL APPLICATION