Job Title: Hearing and Vision Tech
Work Year: 2012/2013
Department: Student Services Hours Per Day: 5.75 (1,000 maximum)
Reports to: Janet Gutman Work Year: 174
Revision Date: July 9, 2012 Next Revision Date:
Coordinates the hearing and vision screening team for St. Vrain Valley School District.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates the screening schedule with schools and Student Services required personnel.
- Collaborates with the Hearing and Vision Screening Team, Audiologists, Health Clerks, Nurses and administration to provide appropriate screening services as mandated by the state of Colorado.
- Effectively manages screening results by entering data into data base, notifying school personnel and families of failed results and providing reports to appropriate staff.
- Rechecking students as needed; send notifications to school personnel and families and record screening results.
- Assists with training of new screeners and volunteers.
Education and Training:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Maintains confidentiality in all aspects of the job.
- Works with students with diverse backgrounds and abilities.
- Operating knowledge of and experience with personal computers, Microsoft Word and Excel, and data base management.
- Demonstrates good communication skills.
- Travels throughout the district to screen students.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job. Specific duties may vary depending upon location, or additional duties may be assigned by the location.