Student Transporter (Driver)
Closes: until filled
Job Title: School Bus Driver
Basic Function and Scope of
Responsibilities: Provide safe and efficient transportation for school
children to and from school and extracurricular activities. Adheres to
federal requirements and guidelines regarding operating a commercial
motor vehicle in the state of Arizona. Follow state requirements
according to the Arizona Minimum Standards for School Buses and School
Bus Drivers (Arizona Administrative Code (A.A.C.) Title 17, Chapter
9). Maintains discipline of passengers on the school buses.
Individuals must be able to work a split shift.
- Adheres to all responsibilities required of a District school bus driver.
- Obeys all traffic laws.
- Observes all mandatory safety regulations for school buses.
- Observes Federal Communications Commission (F.C.C.) regulations when operating two-way radios.
- Performs school bus operations checks as required by the state Minimum Standards.
- Notifies proper authorities of mechanical defects or failures.
- Notifies proper authorities of lateness on bus routes.
- Adheres to assigned schedules.
- Transports only authorized personnel/students.
up and discharges students only at authorized stops.Reports all
accidents and incidents and completes required reports and forms.
- Reports all traffic citations to supervisor as soon as practical.
- Assists transportation staff regarding route changes and schedules.
- Cleans and fuels buses as part of bus driver's daily routine.
- Performs tire pressure checks as required.
- Completes all paperwork as required by state and district policies and procedures.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to
perform the essential functions of this position.
Education Requirements/Licensing Requirements:
High School Diploma or GED.
Must be at least 21 years of age.
Be able to obtain a Class B commercial driver's license with passenger "P" and school bus "S" endorsements.
Be able to attain Arizona School Bus Driver's Certification.
usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions require
the following physical demands: Individual must have the physical
stamina, health, and flexibility necessary to bend, stretch, crouch,
kneel, stoop, lift, pull, push, and climb. Repetitive functions are
common and necessary to perform the responsibilities of a school bus
driver. Must be able to perform duties in Arizona environment without
the benefit of Air Conditioning. The environment experiences
temperature extremes of over 100 degrees (F) and down to possible
freezing temperatures. There is possible exposure to bodily fluids and
Skills, Knowledge, Ability and/or Experience:
SKILLS are required to perform operating a school bus while utilizing multiple operating systems.
KNOWLEDGE of State and District policies and procedures are necessary
to efficiently and effectively perform the tasks of a school bus driver.
ABILITY is required to be able to pass a physical performance test as
required and outlined in the Minimum Standards for School Buses and
School Bus Drivers. Requirements include the ability to lift a minimum
of 30 pounds and drag 125 pounds a minimum of 30 feet.
EXPERIENCE in operating a motor vehicle for a minimum of one year is
required. Individual must have a driving record that is acceptable by
the AZ Department of Public Safety.
Terms of Employment: 9 month, 5 hrs per day, 5 days per week, Non-Exempt
Salary as established by the Governing Board
View original posting on employer site »