AN EQUAL RIGHTS AND OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER
1. Valid Pennsylvania Department of Education Certificate in content area, required.
2. Fulfill all performance responsibilities successfully.
3. Possess knowledge, skills, and abilities as listed below.
4. Willingness to work with special needs students as directed.
5. Maintain a positive attitude with students.
6. Such alternatives to the above as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
REPORTS TO: Building Principal
JOB GOAL: Maximizes students’ fulfillment of their potential for intellectual, emotional, and psychological growth and maturation as able and responsible adults.
1. Meet and instruct assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated.
2. Prepare for classes assigned, and show written evidence of the delivery of the curriculum at the classroom level, in the form of lesson/unit plans.
3. Employ a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media, consistent with the physical limitations of the location provided, the needs and capabilities of the individuals or student groups involved, and with stated objectives.
4. Strives to implement by instruction and action the district’s philosophy of education and curricular and instructional goals and objectives which are communicated to students.
5. Assess the accomplishments of students, as well as the progress of student achievement, on a regular ongoing basis.
6. Maintain accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, district policy, and administrative regulation.
7. Cooperate and collaborate with other members of the staff in planning instructional goals, objectives, and methods.
8. Work to establish and maintain open lines of communication with students and their parents concerning both the broad academic and behavioral progress of all assigned students.
9. Make provisions for the diversified learning needs of students on an ongoing basis, seeking the assistance of district specialists as required.
10. Develop and maintain a classroom environment conducive to effective learning within the limits of the resources provided by the district, and appropriate to the maturity and interests of students.
11. Insist that students uphold high standards of classroom behavior, assist the administration in implementing all policies governing student life and conduct. Develop reasonable rules of classroom behavior and procedure, and maintain order in a fair and just manner.
12. Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
13. Assist in upholding and enforcing school rules, administrative regulations, and Board policy.
14. Make provision for being available to students and parents for education-related purposes outside the instructional day when required or requested to do so under reasonable terms.
15. Assist in the selection of books, equipment, and other instructional materials.
16. Accept a share of responsibility for co curricular activities as assigned.
17. Attend and participate in faculty meetings, and serve on staff committees as required.
18. Establish and maintain cooperative relations with others.
19. Provide for his/her own professional growth through an ongoing program of reading, workshops, seminars, conferences and/or advanced course work at institutions of higher learning.
20. Counsel with colleagues, students, and/or parents on a regular basis.
21. Any other duties assigned by the Superintendent or his designee.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Ability to apply knowledge of current research and theory in specific field. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, staff, and the community. Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both in oral and written form. Ability to perform duties with awareness of all district requirements and Board of Education policies.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and talk and hear. The employee will occasionally sit and walk, and reach with hands and arms.
The employee must occasionally push and/or move up to 50 pounds such as a TV/VCR cart. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. The employee continuously interacts with the public and other staff and occasionally meets multiple demands from several people.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Most work is performed indoors.
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the American with Disabilities Act (A.D.A.) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Subject to the provisions of the contract between the Millcreek Education Association and the Millcreek Township School Board.
EVALUATION: Performance will be evaluated annually in accordance with Pennsylvania Department of Education guidelines.