Effective immediately the Human Resources Office will accept on-line applications for a Network Specialist, Intermediate (Level 2). The position is scheduled to work 40 hours per week, 261 days per year, non-affiliated position, salary range is $58,000 to $63,000 plus benefits, position to start immediately.
Works as part of the District Technology Department to provide administration and technical support and management of OSX AND iOS devices. The position also assists in support of our non-Mac environment as part of a team. This includes network configuration, installation and maintenance.
Essential Functions of the Job may include but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for MAC environment and management of OSC and iOS devices including image creation and deployment with an emphasis on automated and self-service technologies.
- Design, create and maintain Mac OS image and deployment methods.
- Coordinate and manage Mac update and upgrade processes, including profile management, app syncing and deployment, OSX and iOS upgrades.
- Maintain Mac management infrastructure using the Jamf Casper Suite.
- Serve as a technology team member in support of non-Mac computer applications, devices and equipment configuration, installation and maintenance.
- Serve as a technology team member in support of non-Mac server hardware and software configuration, installation and maintenance.
- Troubleshoot and resolve network issues.
- Troubleshoot and resolve system application and iOS issues.
- Troubleshoot and resolve server issues.
- Troubleshoot and resolve wired and wireless connectivity issues.
- Serve as a technology team member in support of network and configuration, installation and maintenance. This includes support of Active Directory and other network related services.
- Provide support for facility and safety technologies such as door access, video cameras and HVAC systems.
- Provide instruction in the operation and use of technology.
- Assist/consult with staff on technical tools available for their use to become more efficient and effective.
- Provide leadership and support to Building Technology Professionals and Technology Integration staff.
- Perform other duties assigned by the Technology Manager to accomplish the objectives and goals of the department.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Network, Apple, and/or Casper certification is desirable.
- Three years related experience in supporting networks, servers and system applications with a strong background in Mac OSX and iOS management.
- Expertise in managing Mac environments using Jamf Casper Suite.
- Expertise in OS image creation, maintenance, deployment and management strategies.
- Expertise in software distribution packaging and distribution methodologies.
- Expertise in Apple and Windows Platforms and desktop computing.
- Expertise in network and computer hardware and software.
- Expertise in wired and wireless infrastructure and connectivity.
- Strong experience in supporting and administering Microsoft networks.
- Strong experience in supporting Active Directory.
- Ability to problem-solve, work as a team player.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, operate a computer and other office equipment, reach with hands and arms, and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds.
To Apply: Please apply online at www.isd197.org. Applications preferred by August 15, 2012 or until filled.