POSITION: Temporary P/T Reading Paraprofessionals 2012-2013
Position Guide: Non – Certified Personnel
3 Hours - 9 Months
Salary Range - $13.57 to $15.32 hour
Based on college hours, Degree or Degree with Teaching Certificate
Function: Provide individual and small groups of students with reading intervention and reinforcement under the direct supervision of a certified teacher.
Reports To: Building Principal
High School Graduate with minimum of 60 semester hours of college credit
No Child Left Behind and State Paraprofessional Letter of Approval
Demonstrated concern for child’s well being
Willingness to accept instruction
1. Provide reading intervention to students assigned.
2. Assist students with understanding directions.
3. Prepare instructional materials needed for intervention program.
4. Assess students as directed.
5. Provide feedback on student progress to teacher, principal, and program coordinator.
6. Participate in professional development activities.
7. Attend instructional team and faculty meetings as directed.
8. Perform other duties as assigned by the building principal.
Application Procedure: Apply online www.joliet86.org