Secretary, Level II
White Pine Middle School-grade level building
The Secretary Level II position is for a grade level building (i.e., 6<SUP>th</SUP>, 7<SUP>th</SUP> or 8<SUP>th</SUP>) and reports to the principal at that building (Principal or Assistant Principal.
This is a 7.5-hour per day, 213 days per year position.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Knowledgeable in modern office practices and procedures.
- Ability in keyboarding and data entry with speed and accuracy.
- Skilled in the use of computers and office equipment.
- Skilled in the use of software, particularly word processing and spreadsheets. Database experience helpful.
- Ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions.
- Ability to work effectively with employees, students and the general public.
- Ability to assume responsibility and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to prioritize and manage office tasks efficiently.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Provide daily support to the building Principal.
2. Maintain accurate and up-to-date discipline and attendance records for students.
3. Type material for the principal (e.g., correspondence, newsletter)
4. Handle office needs of staff, students and parents.
5. Order, distribute, and maintain inventory of supplies for building.
6. Other duties required to operate an efficient school office.
7. Perform other duties as may be assigned
For full consideration please apply on-line by August 7, 2012
Only on-line applications will be considered.
Salary and benefits per STEOP collective bargaining agreement. Effective Salary range: $10.47 - $15.20 per hour
Pursuant to Public Act 68 of 1993 and Public Act 83 of 1995, selected new employees shall submit to fingerprints and a criminal background check at the employee's expense.
It is the policy of the Board of Education that the District will not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, height, weight, marital status, handicap or disability. The District shall comply with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations prohibiting discrimination including, but not limited to, Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, 42 U.S.C. §§ 2000d. et seq.; and 42 U.S.C. §§ 2000e, et seq.; The Americans With Disabilities Act of 1990, 42 U.S.C. §§ 1210, et seq.; The Handicappers’ Civil Rights Act, MCL §§ 37.1101, et seq.; and The Elliott-Larsen Civil Rights Act, MCL §§ 37.2101, et seq.; Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA), 29U.S.C. §§ 621, et seq. Inquiries or complaints by applicants or employees related to discrimination should be directed to:
Director of Human Resources and Labor Relations
Saginaw Township Community Schools
3465 N. Center Road, P.O. Box 6278
Saginaw, MI 48608
TELEPHONE: 989-797-1800 www.stcs.org