Special Services Teacher
Speech and Language
instruction of special services students.
- minimum of Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
- Missouri teaching certificate in area of assignment. Prefer a teaching certificate in LD, BD and
EMH for teachers who are employed in those areas.
experience in classroom teaching as well as special services experience.
a quality instructional program for special services students; To complete
teaching duties necessary to the district's educational program.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Prepares for classroom instruction.
2. Implements a variety of effective
3. Participates in the development of
Individual Education Plans which are appropriate to the students abilities and needs.
4. Provides for individual differences.
5. Tailors instruction to fit the
learning objectives identified for special needs students.
6. Implements instructional objectives
7. Demonstrates competent knowledge of
8. Uses a variety of materials.
9. Uses instructional time effectively.
10. Expects to motivate students.
11. Communicates effectively with
12. Provides evaluative feedback to
13. Organizes classroom to promote
14. Manages student behavior
15. Provides modifications in discipline
policy for BD students as needed through the Individual Education Plan.
16. Demonstrates positive interpersonal
relationships with students.
17. Demonstrates patience, respect and
understanding for students.
18. Demonstrates positive interpersonal
relationships with staff.
19. Demonstrates positive interpersonal
relationships with parents.
20. Participates in professional growth
21. Demonstrates initiative and enthusiasm
22. Follows the policies and procedures of
the school district.
23. Assumes out of class responsibilities.
24. Demonstrates a sense of professional
25. Supervises volunteers,
paraprofessionals, or student interns as assigned.
26. Prepares necessary materials for
27. Participates in staffing of students
with special needs.
28. Assists with the identification
process of special services students.
29. Develops Diagnostic Summaries in the
manner established by the District.
30. Follows special education process and
procedure as outlined in the District Compliance Plan.
31. Provides information needed for all
state and federal reports.
32. Conducts self at all times as a
representative of the school.
33. Completes other duties and
responsibilities as assigned.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
teaching contract is for 187 days; extended or part time contracts are prorated
from 187 days. Compensation is according
to the teacher salary schedule as established annually by the Board of
Education. All other employee benefits
are according to the total FTE of employment for the individual.
of this position will be evaluated according to board policies and the
Warrensburg R-VI School District adopted model of Performance Based Teacher
online application process at: http://warrensburgr6.org
P.O. Box 638
Warrensburg R-VI District is an equal opportunity employer and does not
discriminate or deny services on the basis of age, ancestry, color, disability,
handicapping condition, marital status, national origin, parental status, race,
religion, participation in constitutionally protected activities, or veteran
status. Any questions regarding Title
IX, Section 504, the Family Medical and Leave Act, or the Americans with
Disabilities Act should be directed to an assistant superintendent of the
Warrensburg district at the above address and telephone number. If special needs exist as addressed in the
Americans with Disabilities Act which require this publication in an
alternative format, the district may be contacted at the above address. Reasonable efforts will be made to
accommodate these special needs.