Hours: 6.5 hours/day; 5 days/week
General Purpose of the Job: To inspire and prepare all students with the confidence, courage, and competence to achieve their dreams; contribute to community; and engage in a lifetime of learning. Assist the manager in planning, preparing and serving the daily meal pattern. Understand all operational functions of the building lunch program under the direction of the manger.
- Participate in all phases of the lunch program including required record keeping.
- Cook, bake, and prepare fruits and vegetables, e.g. measure ingredients, operate equipment.
- In the absence of the manger, assign work tasks, complete food production records and costing procedures.
- Set up food line and serve food.
- Clean tables, pots, pans, oven, sweep floors, etc.
- Record food inventory on cards and record daily usage.
- Monitor inventory and inform manager of the need to reorder.
- Participate in local, state, and national school food service organizations and conventions.
- EDUCATION: High school graduate or equivalent. Child Nutrition Certificate (Level I) preferred.
1) Operational knowledge of hand and pwer implements used in preparing food.
2) Knowledge of food preparation.
3) Human Relations: Serving and helping.
4) Knowledge of sanitation and safety requirements.
5) Ability to bend, twist and lift large pans and containers up to 35 pounds in weight.
Bargaing Unit: School Nutrition