NOTE: HOURS MAY CHANGE TO MEET THE NEEDS OF THE SCHOOL
JOB PURPOSE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Incumbent is responsible for keeping the school campus clean and sanitary. Responsible for insuring that all cleaning equipment and materials are maintained in manner consistent with safe and efficient working practices.
• Be responsible for cleaning of assigned school space, which may include cafeteria,
classrooms, athletic areas, etc. Keep restrooms clean and well supplied at all times.
• Provide floor care daily to include sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, spray buffing,
scrubbing, applying floor finish.
• Keep housekeeping closets clean and supplied with the cleaning materials
necessary to do the job. Keep closets locked when not in use.
• Know the opening and closing procedures of the campus to include operation
of the alarm system.
• Replace light bulbs and tubes, ceiling tiles and other building supply items
which are provided for installation by the custodial staff.
• Participate in team time activities and special projects as scheduled by the
supervisor or when help is needed due to absences, etc.
• Perform other duties as assigned; however, all employees are expected to
comply with lawful directives in rare situations driven by need where a team
effort is required.
This position requires eight (8) to ten (10) years of school or equivalent.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
• Knowledge of how to safely operate all housekeeping equipment used in the
building. Needs to be dependable and consistent in work habits.
• Be able to follow oral and written instructions.
• Needs to be able to talk and interact with administrators, school staff and students.
• Knowledge of reading and writing and the use of simple arithmetic.
• Ability to work well with others.
DUTY DAYS: 260 days
SALARY: MT1: $10.00/hr.
A.I.S.D. employees wanting to be considered for this position should complete an online internal application.
NOTE: Internal applicants must be in their current assignment for a minimum of 135 calendar days to be eligible to submit an internal application.