Food Service Server
Closes: when filled
Food Service Dept
Job Title: Food Service – Server
1. Clean utensils, equipment storage, food preparation, and serving areas for the purpose of maintaining safe and sanitary conditions.
2. Monitor kitchen and cafeteria areas for the purpose of insuring a safe working environment.
3. Prepare food and beverage items (e.g. sandwiches, salads, precooked meals, etc.) for the purpose of meeting mandated nutritional requirements and projected meal requirements.
4. Serve one or more items of food for the purpose of providing nutritional requirements and/or requests of student and school personnel.
5. Maintain proper food temperatures and records as necessary.
6. Stock food, condiments, and supplies for the purpose of maintaining adequate quantities and freshness.
7. Assist in major cleaning of refrigerators, storerooms, equipment, and kitchen.
Basic Function and Scope of Responsibility
To prepare and serve students and staff attractive and nutritious meals in a sanitary and efficient manner.
High School Diploma or GED
Degree(s), area(s) of study, and/or licensure(s):
1. Possess a county food handler’s card.
2. Ability to adjust quickly to a variety of duties and changing situations.
3. Must be able to speak, read, and write English.
4. Must be multi-task oriented.
5. Must possess good customer relation skills.
6. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
7. Ability to use scales, slicers, mixers, and other food prep related equipment.
8. Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
Terms of Employment:
Starting Salary: $8.10 - $8.42 per hour depending on experience
Part-time, 4 hrs per day, 5 days per week
View original posting on employer site »