Job Title: Assistant Principal - Special Education (2012-2013 School Year)
- Supports the principal for the purpose of providing assistance with administrative functions, including staff development and the supervision and evaluation of building personnel;
- Acts as the primary building administrator on special education matters, including the supervision of Individual Education Plans for special education students and the facilitation of Planning and Placement Team meetings.
- Knowledgeable of middle school age students' academic, social and emotional development;
- Successful record of leadership in a middle school setting including demonstrated achievement in supervising Individual Education Plans for special education students, facilitating Planning and Placement Team meetings, instructional practices, and staff develop and evaluation;
- Knowledgeable of student disabilities and interventions;
- Knowledgeable of special education laws and regulations;
- Successful record of teaching and leadership;
- Highly capable of leading in a high performing school community;
- Connecticut Intermediate Administrator Certification required ;
- Special Education experience required;
- Special Education Certification preferred.
Salary: Per Westport Intermediate Administrators Agreement (2012-2013) for Secondary Assistant Principals.
External Applicants must apply on line at www.westport.k12.ct.us.
Please do not email, fax, or mail paper copies.
Employment decisions of the Westport Public Schools are made without regard to race, color
age, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or any other discriminating
basis prhibited by local, state, or federal law.