Hours: 5 hours/day; 5 days/week
General Purpose of Job: Assist the licensed Information Technology Specialist in the management and supervision of media center activities.
- Assist students and teachers in locating resources and operating electronic equipment, including computers and computer software.
- Operate and maintain circulation, shelving and storage of media/technology resources.
- Assist and support computer technology with installation of software, troubleshooting hardware problems, and maintenance of the computer networks.
- Assist in maintaining a good learning environment.
- Set up and maintain inventory of media/technology resources, including hardware and software.
- Maintain the receipt, distribution and return of media/technology resources for other sources.
- Maintain operation of the media center in the short-term absence of the Information Technology Specialist.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Information Technology Specialist.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Demonstrate ability to operate hardware.
- Demonstrate skill in using a variety of software packages.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate clearly, verbally and in writing.
Job Type: Part-time, school year
Bargaining Unit: Educational Support Professionals
Salary Range: Per Contract