SIG School Support Specialist
501 W. 35th Chicago, IL 60609
SIG School Support Specialist, OSI
Reports to: OSI SIG Operations Manager
Purpose of the Position: Reporting to the Office of School Improvement (OSI) SIG Operations Manager, the SIG School Support Specialist will work as a facilitator and problem-solver as schools implement strategies related to full implementation of the CPS School Improvement Grant across the portfolio of OSI schools. A successful candidate will coordinate a variety of grant administration duties in collaboration with OSI team members and the school, while also assisting in designing facilitation and coaching services to help schools build capacity in efficient business practices. This position involves significant contact with school leaders.
- Coach and facilitate operational discussions and dialogue with organizational leaders, school leadership teams, instructional coaches, educators and other key stakeholders
- Deliver consistent high quality customer service
- Deliver high quality, responsive, agile, and collaborative professional development to meet the multi-dimensional goals of each school; incorporate adult learning strategies and multiple learning styles within an effective and dynamic learning environment
- Recognize when to escalate training issues as appropriate
- Project manage with program managers writing grant proposals, coordinating grant applications and performing administrative duties accompanied with grant submission, as requested
- Participate in the development and direct execution of financial reporting to support overall SIG objectives and ensure all activities are compliant in regulations and business practices
- Develop and continually manage financial project expectations with team members and other stakeholders
- Able to prepare monthly financial spend and trend data for school leadership to understand and act on
- Familiar with financial systems to assist schools in grant related transactional work
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team and manage project dependencies and critical paths related to SIG funding
- Establish and implement best practices for allocating scarce resources, and effective use of precious educational dollars
- Ensures regularly scheduled reporting to the Director and management team to inform critical decisions and strategic planning related to school improvement activities.
- Perform other work as necessary to ensure the success of the team and the entire organization
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university required; advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of three years experience working in budget, finance, or accounting related fields required.
- Two or more years facilitating professional learning, coaching school leaders, and/or consulting using data to inform decision-making (preferred).
- Demonstrated team-building skills; ability to focus a diverse group of professionals around a clear goal and then monitor progress towards that goal
- Strong service and support orientation towards schools and school communities
- Strong Project Management background required
- Strong interpersonal, communication, public speaking and presentation skills
- Demonstrates strong competencies in negotiations and diplomacy
- Proven experience training professionals in Oracle and Grant applications, preferred
- Working knowledge of database applications such as MS Office (Excel, Outlook, Power Point) Oracle or ability to learn technology quickly
- Background in training and/or adult learning. Trainer certification preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
How to Apply:
To be considered for this role, candidates possessing all of the above qualifications and appropriate certification(s) should:
Apply online at http://www.jobs.<WBR>cpstransformation.org