TITLE: GREAT START READINESS PROGRAM (GSRP) ASSOCIATE TEACHER
(Part-time) Half-Day Position–Subject to Conditions of MDE Grant
JOB GOAL(S): The primary job goals of the GSRP Associate Teacher are to effectively become a member of a GSR teaching team and to participate equally in planning and executing all related activities, including
conducting and participating in children’s activities. In addition, the associate teacher will support the infrastructure of the classroom by participating fully in record keeping, maintenance of the
environment and all other required activities.
Education: Associate’s Degree in Early Childhood or Child Development or the equivalent required
Child Development Associate (CDA) credential required
Work Experience: Previous work experience in early childhood is preferred
Skills: *Strong communication and interpersonal skills
*Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred
*Must be flexible and adaptable to meet the needs of the children and program
*Experience working with persons from diverse cultural and economic backgrounds
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Assist in the implementation of the daily program under the direction of the teacher.
2. Assist in planning and preparing the learning environment, setting up interest centers and preparing needed materials and supplies.
3. Supervise the classroom in the teacher’s absence.
4. Assist with general housekeeping and food preparation tasks.
5. Maintain a professional attitude and loyalty to GSRP.
6. Treat all children and their parents with the ultimate respect and dignity.
7. Attend all meetings and recommended training programs and professional development.
8. Maintain confidentiality about children and their families.
9. Supervise outdoor play.
10. Follow directions by lead teacher and/or supervisors.
It is the policy of the Van Buren Intermediate School District that no discriminatory practices based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, height, weight, marital status,
disability, genetic information or any other status covered by federal, state or local law be allowed during any program, activity, service or in employment.
Inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies should be directed to the Director of Finance & Operations, 490 S Paw Paw Street, Lawrence MI 49064, 269-674-8091.