DEADLINE FOR INTERNAL BIDDERS: 8/10/12 at 3:30 p.m.
POSITION: Paraprofessional - Special Education Functional Academic Needs
LOCATION: North High School
SCHEDULE: 6 hrs/day, 5days/wk
STARTING DATE: 9/4/12 with staff development opportunities the week of 8/27/12
WORK YEAR: 2012-2013
SALARY: Per Paraprofessional Master Agreement (may be viewed at www.isd622.org)
FRINGE BENEFITS: Per Paraprofessional Master Agreement (may be viewed at www.isd622.org)
1. CPR and First Aid Training;
- Two years of college or equivalent;
- Personal Care Assistant (PCA) Training (training must be completed online prior to first student contact day);
- Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI) Training (training will be made available and must be completed within timelines provided by Special Services);
- Able to lift 50 pounds and able to restrain students in emergency situations.
2. Special Education paraprofessional training;
3. Experience working with students with disabilities;
4. Good written and verbal communication skills;
5. Must be able to work one-on-one with individual students and with small groups;
6. Experience working on a multi-disciplinary team;
7. Experience and/or training in behavior management.