Candidates should possess:
1. Experience in working with urban learners
2. Proven success working with multiple teams within a building
3. The ability to collect, record and analyze data
4. Current Minnesota Teaching License
1. Work with students who are currently underserved and at risk of not achieving their fullest potential in the areas of reading, math and behavior.
2. Work with classroom teachers to develop an intervention plan for each individual student.
3. Use and model culturally responsive teaching strategies, NUA training/ coaching endorsement preferred.
4. Conduct classroom observations on student behavior.
5. Instruct students in the areas of reading, math and behavior, or direct the instruction given by a Title I paraprofessional.
6. Coordinate targeted services and/or collaborate with outside agencies on after school homework assistance.
7. Keep weekly data on student performance.
8. Conduct student, parent and teacher surveys as to the effectiveness of the program.
9. Provide professional development to staff in the area of cultural competency and eliciting High Intellectual Performance from students.
10. Attend team meetings as assigned.
11. Attend parent meetings as assigned.
12. Perform other duties as necessary for the successful implementation of the position.
This is a Round 2 posting and is open to current employees and outside candidates. Positions will remain posted until filled, regardless of closing date.
To be considered, apply online at www.wayzata.k12.mn.us
Internal candidates must complete the Internal Application/Transfer Form.
Outside candidates must complete a full employment application form.