This position is temporary from mid-October to mid-December 2012.
Class C Classroom Para for 2nd Grade Spanish Immersion, 4 hours per day
Class A Lunchroom/Playground Para, 2 hours per day
1. Demonstrated proficiency in both Spanish and English.2. Experience in working with school age children.
Note: These assignments are combined into one position. The Classroom Para hours are at the beginning and end of the day with the Lunchroom/Playground Para hours being in between.
Class C minimum hourly wage $15.02
Class A minimum hourly wage $13.10
Benefit eligible position
Classroom Para Job Responsibilities:
1. Provides instructional support by working with small groups and individual students under the supervision of the classroom teacher.
2. Assist the licensed teacher in classroom management.
3. Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
Lunchroom/Playground Para Job Responsibilities:
1. Provide supervision of students and enforce school rules in the lunchroom, playground, or other designated locations in cooperation with other staff.
2. Complete routine paperwork and perform record-keeping activities related to monitoring activities.
3. Assist with cleaning the lunchroom tables as needed.
4. Report any areas of concern regarding student behavior and equipment needs to the building principal.
5. Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
3. Demonstrated ability to take initiative.
4. Demonstrated ability to respect, protect, and maintain confidentiality.
5. Demonstrated ability to follow through on a project.
6. Demonstrated organizational skills, punctuality, and efficiency.
7. Evidence of the ability and inclination to take charge of student behavior as circumstances suggest.
8. Evidence of the ability to work in a team environment.
9. Evidence of excellent human relations and oral communication skills, and interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.