WICHITA PUBLIC SCHOOLS
JOB TITLE: Clerk IV Range E
DEPARTMENT: Information Services and Technology
ACCOUNTABILITY: Reports to the Supervisor of Student Records
and Enrollment Services
JOB SUMMARY: Performs general clerical duties in a confidential manner, including but not limited to answering phones, responding to inquiries for information, basic computer functions such as word, spreadsheets and data entry, filing tasks, copying and proofreading.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provide copies of transcripts and diplomas from hard copy, computer database or microfilm upon proper request.
2. Answer questions regarding parents’ rights, school assignment as determined by address, change of school options, special assignments, magnets, etc. and the appeal process.
3. Assist in processing student assignments based upon established criteria and entering data into the Student Information System including but not limited to special assignment requests and next school assignment process.
4. Serve as Notary; issue notarized affidavits for Social Security and other government programs as necessary.
5. Issue invoices and receipts, and accounts for all money received.
6. Maintain student files including but not limited to purging/consolidating, filing cumulative folders of graduates and withdrawn students for five years.
7. Enter student information as necessary including but not limited to data correction, information from schools and/or programs and any other necessary entries.
8. Provide official student information to a variety of government and non government agencies and district administrators upon request or standard protocol in a timely manner.
9. Maintain historical records.
10. Participates in providing instruction and support to school staff on records management best practices.
11. Maintain foreign exchange information and records.
12. Perform other duties assigned by the Supervisor of Student Records and Enrollment Services.
SKILLS AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: Ability to recognize issues and make decisions or ask for assistance based on subject matter expertise or job duties. Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing. Basic proficient knowledge of computers/software including but not limited to Microsoft word, excel and outlook and other office equipment as confirmed by objective test. The ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and meet established deadlines. Clerical education or previous clerical experience required.
INTERRELATIONS: Contact with parents, students, community, district personnel, educational institutions and Government agencies. Ability to work with a diverse population.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Open office environment with desks in close proximity. Required to sit for long periods of time and required to bend, reach and lift light weight items up to 30 pounds from time to time.
NEEDED ATTRIBUTES: Exhibit a professional manner. Regular attendance is required.
TEMPERAMENT: Ability to perform a variety of tasks, ability to meet deadlines, work in a calm and efficient manner, and must be able to work as a team member.