Assignment: 12-month, ongoing
Rate of pay: Pay Grade 8; not less than $20.28 per hour based on 2011-2012 pay scale; 2012-2013 pay scale not yet determined
The purpose of this position is to provide assistance to students, faculty and staff in using technology effectively. To coordinate activities requiring technology resources, as well as coordinate staff to provide needed support in computer labs, classrooms, and other areas of the building between New Trier’s two campuses.
The Student Technology Supervisor supports the use of technology for teaching and learning by coordinating lab activities, events that require access to technology resources and personnel, coordinating and supporting projects involving technology, and providing assistance to staff and students in support of student learning outcomes.
1. College degree preferred.
2. Knowledge of Microsoft Office software and other New Trier-supported software used by staff and students, including social media, and web authoring.
3. Hardware and software troubleshooting skills.
4. Experience in multimedia software and hardware including video and audio recording and editing.
5. Ability to organize work flow and work collaboratively with staff members.
6. Ability to work unsupervised and independently, and exhibit a high level of trustworthiness.
7. Strong interest in education; education background preferred.
8. Exemplary interpersonal skills and ability to communicate clearly and distinctly with staff, students and parents.
9. Capacity to project a positive image of the district to parents, students and staff, as well as exhibit a positive employee attitude.
10. Physical ability to move around frequently in office area as well as in various other areas throughout the building.
1. Supports student use of technology in various locations (i.e. drop-in areas, computer labs, study halls, and classrooms).
2. Coordinates the work of Student Technology Specialists on both campuses; provide daily supervision and address problems as needed.
3. Schedules computer lab and classroom staff coverage for technology support and projects.
4. Oversees computer lab and technology resource bookings on both campuses.
5. Maintains computer lab and classroom hardware, software and other equipment in conjunction with the Help Desk.
6. Serves as liaison with technology staff to resolve problems regarding student and teacher technical issues, and following up and tracking such issues.
7. Coordinates and supports the use of new technology and software for students.
8. Supports teachers in the supervision of students in computer labs, including communicating and enforcing the rules of the lab.
9. Develops customized instructional materials and handouts, such as software and project-specific documentation.
10. Provides individualized or group instruction on the use of software, NTHS network, and other technology-related topics, in class or on an individualized drop-in basis.
11. Continues job performance enhancement by participating in professional growth activities.
12. Supports school-wide computing initiatives.
13. Performs other duties as assigned.
The purpose of New Trier High School is to commit minds to inquiry, hearts to compassion, and lives to the service of humanity. New Trier enrolls approximately 4,200 students on two campuses serving the communities of Glencoe, Kenilworth, Northfield, Wilmette, Winnetka, and parts of Glenview and Northbrook. The Northfield campus serves freshmen and the Winnetka campus serves sophomores, juniors and seniors. New Trier encourages student achievement through collaborative learning and supports student access to a wide variety of co-curricular and extra-curricular programs. The district encourages and actively supports professional growth and staff collaboration. Learn more about New Trier at www.newtrier.k12.il.us.
New Trier Township High School District 203
385 Winnetka Ave.
New Trier High School, located 16 miles north of downtown Chicago, is an exemplary high school district of 4,200 students on two campuses serving the communities of Glencoe, Kenilworth, Northfield, Wilmette, Winnetka, and parts of Glenview and Northbrook. The Northfield campus serves freshmen and the Winnetka campus serves sophomores, juniors and seniors. The school emphasizes academic rigor, encourages individual achievement and supports student access to a variety of co-curricular and extra-curricular programs. The district encourages and actively supports professional growth and staff collaboration.
To commit minds to inquiry, hearts to compassion, and lives to the service of humanity.®
All jobs from New Trier Township High School District 203