This is a full time opening for an AM Kindergarten position, combined with a PM Early Learning position.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
Type 03 Illinois Standard Teaching Certificate
Previous experience as a Kindergarten teacher preferred.
Type 04 Early Learning Childhood Education and Early Childhood SPED Endorsement. Experience working with at risk and special education students ages 3-5
Will also qualify with a Type 04 only but must have the Self Contained GED endorsement and the Early Childhood Education and Early Childhood SPED Endorsements:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Kindergarten):
· Provides learning experiences in language arts, social studies, pre-reading, arithmetic, science, art, physical education, and music to pupils using the course of study adopted by the Board of Education and other appropriate learning activities.
· Instructs pupils in citizenship and basic subject matter specified in state law and administrative regulations and procedures of the school district.
· Develops and uses instructional materials suitable for verbal or visual instruction of pupils with wide range of mental, physical, and emotional maturities
· Provides individual and group instruction designed to meet individual needs and help the pupils make a satisfactory transition to school.
· Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior needed to achieve effective participation in all activities without interfering with the naturally informal atmosphere of a kindergarten.
· Evaluates pupils’ academic and social growth, keeps appropriate records.
· Communicates with parents through a variety of means. Holds parent conferences to discuss the individual pupil’s progress and interprets the school.
· Identifies pupil needs and cooperates with other professional staff members in assessing and helping pupils solve health, attitude, and learning problems.
· Creates and effective environment for learning through functional and attractive displays, bulletin boards, and interest centers.
· Maintains professional competence through in-service education activities provided by the district and self-selected professional growth activities.
· Selects and requisitions books and instructional aids; maintains required inventory records.
· Ensures a comfortable room environment through control of heating, lighting, and ventilation to the extent possible.
· Supervises pupils in out-of-classroom activities during the assigned working day.
· Participates in curriculum and other developmental programs as required.
· Participates in faculty committees and the sponsorship of pupil activities.
· Plan, implement, and supervise developmentally appropriate curriculum for a Pre-K/Early Childhood Blended Class. Maintain a safe and pleasing classroom environment.
· Participate as a trans-disciplinary team member to complete educational assessments for children and assist in determining eligibility.
· Case-manage assigned children by completing forms and developing and implementing the Individualized Education Plan.
· Direct individual and small group instruction.
· Regularly monitor educational progress and maintain/complete records and reports as required by program procedures.
· Plan and provide support for educational assistants.
· Provide an educational environment where instruction is individualized for each student and includes supports and modifications that facilitate learning.
· Understanding of typical and atypical child development from birth through five years of age.
· Knowledge of the rules and regulations, which apply to the eligibility and provision of services
· Ability to use good communication skills and productive problem-solving strategies as a collaborative team member.
· Ability to work in partnership with families
This is a full time position with benefits.
Salary is based on current teacher's contract.
Start Date: August 23, 2012