Note: This is a 24 day position. Applicants should have the ability to be flexible and quickly build rapport with students.
Description: Within the limits of law, School Board policies and regulations, administrative rules and regulations, and instructions from the Superintendent of Schools or designee, the Counselor is responsible for academic, career, and guidance for students assigned.
1. Provide planning sequence of career guidance activities to students, teachers, administration, and parents to aid the learning process.
2. Provide information and recommendation for educational and career placement and to make health, psychological, and legal referral to help students make informal educational choices.
3. Organize the School District testing program including administration, information, interpretation, and evaluation of the tests to ensure reliable and valid evaluation of students.
4. Provide orientation and school programming for students and parents that are new to the School District in order to familiarize them with the system.
5. Monitor and adjust class sizes and revise student schedules as appropriate.
6. Assists in the maintenance and organization of student records and credits. Monitors and disseminates related information to students, parents, and agencies in order to provide necessary data to requesting parties.
7. Develops and implements student registration materials and programs.
8. Acts as a student advocate between parents, staff, administration, and the community in order to help the student with problems that occur.
9. Other job related duties as assigned.
1. MA/MS in school guidance counseling.
2. Minnesota counseling license.
3. One (1) year teaching experience in appropriate grade level.
4. Good organizational skills.
5. Good human relation skills.
6. Good communication skills.