Opening for a Health Technician (187 days)
Effective: August 27, 2012
Location: Mentor High School
Hours: 6:50 am - 2:55 pm
Salary Range: Classification IV
Qualifications desired: The successful candidate shall possess the following skills to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Abide by all recommendations, policies and practices as instructed by and under the direction of the registered nurse.
- Administer medication in accordance with school board policy and O.R.C. 3317-713. No injectable medication shall be given other than auto injectors and medication prescribed for treatment of Diabetic hypoglycemic emergencies.
- Inform the registered nurse when a student brings any medication to the clinic.
- Follow the plan established for the management of illness and injury.
- Manage first aid emergencies in the registered nurse’s absence, as prescribed by the nurse and nationally recognized first aid course.
- Assist registered nurse with all screening and identify those students requiring a second screening.
- Inform the registered nurse of any difficulties encountered.
- Where permitted, assist special needs students in the classroom.
- Creation and maintenance of school health records for students.
- Provide care to sick or injured students and staff.
- Complete daily tasks as assigned by the immediate supervisor.
Education: High School Diploma
All applicants must apply on line @www.mentorschools.net August 14, 2012.
In complying with the Americans with Disabilities Act, please inform us of any special needs you have so that we may make it possible for you to participate in the application for employment process.
The Mentor Board of Education is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, religion, age, handicap, disability or national origin in the education programs and activities that it operates.
The Board reserves all legal rights relating to vacancies, including the right to fill by voluntary/involuntary transfer or newly-hired personnel, in accordance with negotiated procedures, and the right not to fill a posted position.