LEARN Charter School Network seeks an experienced and detail
oriented professional to fill the position of Development Officer. The Development Officer will be an essential
member of the LEARN development team responsible for raising $4 million
annually. Key duties will include
working closely with the Development Director, CEO, and Board Members to
identify potential donors, writing grant proposals, preparing for donor site
visits, acknowledging gifts, and generating and submitting timely and accurate
reports for all grants.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record in
fundraising and the ability to apply a sophisticated knowledge of fundraising
and development to support an ambitious long-term strategy for expansion and
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Responsible for conducting the full range of activities
required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals to foundation and
- Perform prospect research on foundations and corporations to
evaluate prospects for corporate and foundation grants.
- Work with finance department to gather information necessary
to report to corporate/foundation funders on current grants.
- Comply with all grant reporting as required by
- Provide stewardship to current donors, including work with
Director of Development and Development Associate to provide regular written
updates to donors.
- Manage site visit process for potential donors (foundation
officers, foundation trustees).
- Maintain current records in database and in paper files,
including grant tracking and reporting.
- Track statistics relevant to development and provide
department with written materials necessary for donor stewardship.
- Provide input for all written materials.
- Assist with other fundraising projects as necessary.
- Minimum of three years of experience with grant writing.
- Experience working in deadline-driven environments.
- Able to work well in a team environment, handle multiple
assignments and meet deadlines.
- Able to monitor and meet goals.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
- Exceptionally strong communication skills.
- Ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and
- Strong editing skills.
- Unparalleled attention to detail.
- Ability to meet and track deadlines.
- Proven track record of successful proposal writing.
- Knowledge and familiarity with research techniques for
fundraising prospect research.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Nature of work requires an ability to operate standard
business office equipment. Requires
ability to communicate and exchange information, collect, compile and prepare
work documents, set-up and maintain work files.
In-frequent day and overnight travel by air (including international) as
Majority of work performed in a general office
environment. Position requires
availability for extended hours plus non-traditional hours required to perform
job duties. Also requires participation
and attendance at organization sponsored events and meetings.
This job description is not intended to be a complete list
of all responsibilities, duties or skills required for the job and is subject
to review and change at any time, with or without notice, in accordance with
the needs of LEARN Charter School Network.
Since no job description can detail all the duties and responsibilities
that may be required from time to time in the performance of a job, duties and
responsibilities that may be inherent in a job, reasonably required for its
performance, or required due to the changing nature of the job shall also be
considered part of the jobholder's responsibility.