ROLE AND PURPOSE:
To assist students in the cafeteria during the lunch period and to maintain order. To establish control in the cafeteria and playground and to insure students a safe and pleasant environment. To provide support services to the staff in the area of duplicating, mail distribution, telephone answering, preparation of teaching materials, and supervision of students.
Familiar with the Heimlich procedure and first aid skills.
Has a pleasant and helpful attitude when dealing with students, public, and school staff.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
1. Assists students in securing lunches, condiments and seats in an orderly manner.
2. Establishes control in the cafeteria and on the playground; administers discipline in accordance with school policy; assists in upholding and enforcing school rules.
3. Insures that students are involved in organized activities on the playground and that students are well supervised in all areas at all times.
4. Reports any incidence of fighting, theft, or other inappropriate behavior to the school principal.
5. Assists students in cleaning eating areas; supervises wiping of tables and picking up food from the floor.
6. Duplicates correspondence, documents, etc. for office staff as requested.
7. Distributes mail to appropriate boxes if required.
8. Aides with office duties as required.
9. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Computer, printer, copier, telephones, laminator.
MENTAL DEMANDS: Ability to communicate effectively (verbal or written); understands written or verbal instructions; maintains emotional control under stress.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS: Stands, walks, pushes and pulls; lifts and carries; some stooping, bending, and kneeling most of the day. Supervising outdoor play areas when not on a rainy-day schedule.