Parent Educator – Bright Beginnings Early Childhood Program
Classified; 200 day; Part-time
Provides parent education services for Kent ISD’s Bright Beginnings Early Childhood program and directs services within the District’s Special Education Region and implementation of the Parents as Teachers program within one of the Kent Intermediate Superintendents Association (KISA) regions.
* Bachelors or Associates degree in Child Development, Education, Social Work, Family Studies or related field preferred
* Three (3) years of successful experience in education, parent involvement or early childhood development programs preferred
* Ability to effectively communicate in writing, as well as verbally, to work cooperatively with local school districts and community agency staff
* Skills in building meaningful, constructive relationships with families required and must be an individual with an interest in and experience with young children and their development
* Requires extensive travel, visitation in private homes, some evenings and ability to work flexible hours
APPROXIMATE SALARY OR RANGE: Commensurate with experience
TO APPLY: Kent Intermediate School District manages employment applications online.
Please submit application along with cover letter, resume, and any other relevant documents online at www.applitrack.com/kent/onlineapp
No hardcopy applications/resumes will be accepted for this position. Computer terminals are available in the Kent ISD Educational Service Center lobby from 8:00am – 4:00pm, Monday-Friday, for applicant use.
POSTING DATE: August 8, 2012
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: August 17, 2012
The final candidate for this position will be required (at their cost) to furnish Kent Intermediate School District with a current Michigan State Police and FBI criminal records LiveScan check prior to our recommendation to hire
Kent Intermediate School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, physical/mental disability or veteran status in its educational programming, enrollment, employment or contracting