This is a split position totaling 37.5 hours per week.
POSITION: Instructional Assistant-Student Services (WHS) 22.5 hrs. Grade 4
Resource Assistant (WHS) 15 hrs. Grade 3
ASSIGNMENT: 10 Month
Instructional Assistant-Student Services - This work involves close interaction with staff, students and parents/guardians, with the primary emphasis on the implementation of specialized or vocational educational programs. An Instructional Assistant works under the direction of a certified teacher. An employee in this position is expected to exercise independent judgment, discretion, and a high degree of confidentiality and react appropriately in crisis situations as well as exhibit initiative, creativity and organizational skills.
Resource Assistant - This position involves the performance of a variety of tasks in support of enhanced student achievement. This employee is expected to interact with students in an appropriate manner, while maintaining discipline. There is considerable contact with staff and students. Resource Assistants monitor and assist students under the direction of a certified staff member and perform related clerical tasks. This employee must exercise initiative, independent judgment, and discretion in performing duties and keep informed of procedures and requirements.
- Must have or obtain State and NCLB Approved Paraprofessional designation in accordance with ISBE requirements.
- Must demonstrate appropriate interpersonal skills, and communicate clearly and distinctly with staff and students.
- Must project a positive image of the district to the public, parents, staff and students as well as exhibit a good employee attitude.
- Must move around in the classroom and other parts of the building as well as on field trips as needed.
- Must have previous experience working with youth.
- Must have ability to adapt to all subject areas.
- Must have knowledge of computer operations and appropriate software applications.
- May need a valid driver's license.
- Must be able to lift up 50 lbs. such as with students needing assistance.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Apply online.
Click on the orange "APPLY" button to begin an online application.
"An equal employment and equal opportunity agency."