duties and responsibilities: The Elementary Teacher will:
1. Be responsible for classroom instructional program which includes:
a. establish goals and objectives to meet individual and group needs of students
b. day to day and long range lesson plans that reflect the goals and objectives
2. Be responsible for classroom management and discipline and cooperating in establishing a general tone of behavior throughout the building.
3. Foster favorable school/community relationships by:
a. making parents aware of classroom goals, objectives and materials
b. conducting parent conferences
c. reporting progress of students.
4. Be responsible for supplies, care of the room, inventories and other reasonable assignments as prescribed by the principal.
5. Be responsible for accurate record keeping and issuing of grades.
6. Attempt to meet the social, emotional, physical and intellectual needs of the students.
7. Be knowledgeable of current educational methods and techniques and participate in building and system-wide meetings.
8. Cooperate and participate in necessary non-teaching duties.
9. Knowledge of effective teaching strategies (i.e. cooperative learning).
10. Be responsible for following adopted school board and administrative policies.</DIR></DIR>