Mobile Device Specialist
DEPARTMENT: Technology Services
SUPERVISOR: Technology Support Supervisor
DATE: July 31, 2012
Provides first line of support for instructional and administrative use of mobile devices at all district sites. This support includes the installation and maintenance of district owned mobile devices, iPads, laptops, computers, peripherals, software, and the troubleshooting of technology related issues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide primary support on mobile devices (i.e. tablets, laptops, netbooks, and other mobile computing devices) and software technical requests to district staff and students, and escalate when necessary.
- Install and maintain necessary peripheral devices (i.e. wireless keyboards/mice, display adaptors, etc)
- Assists with creation and revisions to policies regarding use and support for mobile devices.
- Plan, test and deploy patches and firmware updates.
- Maintain inventory of all systems and applications.
- Responsible for Mobile Device Management applications (AirWatch).
- Installation and support for educational and administrative software applications.
- Escalate, track and follow-up on technical requests that have been forwarded to other support groups.
- Provide site assistance as necessary.
- Provide imaging services to computers and other mobile devices.
- Provide orientation and training to building staff in use of mobile technology.
- Perform user, computer, and printer administration using directory services.
- Create and maintain documentation of procedures, settings and applications.
- Coordinates and communicates tasks and activities with district help desk.
- Attends training programs at the direction of supervisor.
- Contact supervisors in an emergency and provide any assistance and time necessary to manage the situation.
- Assumes any other duties as may from time to time be delegated by the supervisor and the supervisor may make any adjustment in the scope of responsibilities as outlined above which will be in the interest of the school district.
High School diploma and relevant technical training or equivalent experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Extensive knowledge of Windows client OS XP/7.
- Extensive knowledge of iOS & Android operating systems.
- Basic knowledge of IP networks and server operating systems.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Excellent organizational skills.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required.
Applicants for this position do not have to complete a vacancy form.