Job Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Advise individual student participants in the skills necessary for successful performance.
2. Manage and supervise student behavior during activity events.
3. Responsible for all matters pertaining to the organization and administration of advising/coaching an enrichment team.
4. Provide a positive learning environment for student participants.
5. Plan and schedule seasonal activity in accordance with District policy.
6. Assume primary responsibility for scheduling and preparation of area/facility where event is to be held and coordinate with the Student Activities Office.
7. Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
1. Enforce all rules of the Minnesota State High School League and Minnetonka Public School Policies as they pertain to the respective activity.
2. Assist the Student Activities Office to maintain complete and accurate records as required (i.e. student physicals, parental consents, attendance forms, insurance records, activity/athletic code forms, etc.).
4. Assist the Student Activities Office to prepare a roster of all team members to include numbers, grade level and positions.
5. Report all student major injuries immediately to the trainer, and to the student activities director when appropriate.
Knowledge and Skills:
1. Has knowledge and background in the assigned activity.
2. Understanding of and agreement with the Minnetonka Public School District's Student Activity and Athletic Code and the Coaches/Advisors Handbook.
3. Knowledge of State, Federal and Minnetonka Public School Board Policies regarding student conduct and appropriate disciplinary action.
4. Evidence of the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
5. Strong communication and interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, parents, community members and students.
6. Ability to receive work direction.
7. Strong work ethic and dedication to further the benefits of student participation in co-curricular activities.
8. Physical ability to perform essential job functions.
Compensation in accordance with Schedule C of the Teacher Master Agreement.
Please attach a letter of interest and resume attention Ryan Johnson, Student Activities Coordinator, and submit with your online application.
Current Employees, please fill out the Internal Application form found on the district website under "Employment" then click "Submit an Internal Application/Transfer Form" found on the bottom of the page. Current employees do not need to attach letters of recommendation or transcripts.