Asian Studies Theme Coach-Grades PK-8
Dwight/Bellizzi Asian Studies Academy
Job ID # 1481
Posting Date: August 10, 2012
Closing Date: August 23, 2012
POSITION: Asian Studies Theme Coach Grades PK-8 - Dwight/Bellizzi Asian Studies Academy
REPORTS TO: School Principal
The Asian Studies Coach works under the direction of the Principal and Administration to assist and support the implementation of the Asian Studies curriculum via Math, Science, Language Arts, and Social Studies curricula and theme-related initiatives school-wide. The coach serves as the primary contact with Asian Society and other major school partners and plays a lead role in student recruitment. The coach is responsible for guiding teachers in planning and developing curriculum that infuses the global affairs, mandarin language, world language and international standards and Asian studies themes. The coach will also assist in the use of appropriate instructional procedures and materials, with academic reviews, and with professional development. Duties include direct instruction to students.
- Master’s degree in Education or related field
- Bilingual; Proficiency in Asian language preferred
- Demonstrated high level of proficiency in teaching
- Innovative thinker and resourceful planner
- Possesses a thorough knowledge of instructional strategies, child development, curriculum, and classroom management
- Ability to work well with staff members in a fair, effective and courteous manner
- Resourceful with ability to engage staff, students and parents
- Ability to work with multiple external partners, including national and international organizations
- Ability to work within difficult time constraints and under stressful conditions
- Knowledge of analyzing data
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Good writing and research skills
- Demonstrated ability with SmartBoards, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, webmail and internet
- Must be willing to participate in theme-based curriculum writing during the Summer of 2013
- Possess knowledge of Asian Culture
- Possess knowledge of CT curriculum standards, Common Core Standards, international and world language standards to develop theme based projects according to the standards
CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: Connecticut Teacher Certification for appropriate grade levels.
Salary and Terms of Employment: Salary Grid: In accordance with HFT contract. Appendix E. Extended Year 15% (25 additional work days) subject to available funding.
Application Procedure: All internal and external applicants must submit an online application.
To apply, go to: http://www.applitrack.com/hartford/onlineapp/
Or go to www.hartfordschools.org and follow the appropriate link.
An Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/V/D