It is the policy of the Evansville Vanderburgh School Corporation not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, veteran status, national origin, age, limited English proficiency, or disability in its programs or employment policies as required by the Indiana Civil Rights Law (I.C. 22-9-1), Title IV and Title VI (Civil Rights Act of 1964), the Equal Pay Act of 1973, Title IX (Educational Amendments), and Section 504 (Rehabilitation Act of 1973).
Questions concerning compliance with these laws should be directed to the Chief Human Resources Officer, Evansville Vanderburgh School Corporation, 951 Walnut Street, Evansville, IN 47713, phone number 435-8508.
The interview committee will give preference to candidates who, through the interview process, past experience, and references have demonstrated the ability to interact with students, staff, and the community.
POSITION: Title I Tutor
LOCATION: Hillcrest Washington Youth Home
· School Year
· Part-time: Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays 5:45-7:00pm.
· $20 per hour—NO BENEFITS
· Effective as soon as details can be arranged
· Assist youth with high school and, occasionally, middle school homework,
· Monitor grades on a weekly basis by accessing EdEase and contacting teachers,
· Tutor youth who are working on their GED certificate and assist them by grading their work and monitoring their progress,
· Provide weekly progress reports on all residents,
· Enforce study hours rules and maintain order during study hours.
EDUCATION: Minimum 60 College credit hours
Preference will be given to applicants with the following:
· Studying toward a degree in education or a related subject area
· Experience working with at-risk students or ESL populations
· Effective interpersonal relationship skills
· Ability to develop effective methods working one-on-one and in small groups
APPLICATION PERIOD: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Internal and External applicants, please apply using our online application found at http://www.evscschools.com/, by clicking on “Human Resources.”