4 hours per day, 185 days per year
Minimum hourly rate: $15.02
1. Schedule and assist students individually and in groups as directed by the Navigators teacher.
2. Assist the Navigators teacher in classroom management
3. Provide individual and special program assistance as assigned by the Navigators teacher.
4. Assist in the maintenance of individualized student learning plans as directed by the Navigators teacher.
5. Assist in the daily routines of the classroom as directed by the Navigators teacher.
6. Assist in the scheduling of Service Learning Projects as directed by the Navigators teacher.
1. Evidence of knowledge of the educational and social/emotional needs of the exceptionally gifted child.
2. Experience in working with elementary students.
3. Demonstrated computer skills are desirable.
4. Demonstrated flexibility and creativity.
5. Evidence of ability to accept direction from supervising teacher (s) and work as a team member with other professionals.
6. Evidence of ability to be resourceful and try options within the plan laid out with teachers; act independently within scope of program to assist students in their enrichment studies.
7. Proven record of positive interpersonal skills with students and teachers.
8. Proven record of good organizational skills, punctuality and responsibility.
9. Evidence of willingness to participate in additional training if/when available.
10. Evidence of knowledge of research skills and reference materials.
11. Evidence of willingness to abide by confidentiality policy and practice of the district.