POSITION: Instructional - PARAPROFESSIONAL
LOCATION: Sunset Heights Elementary
WORK YEAR: School Year
STARTING: 2012-2013 School Year
SALARY RANGE: $12.61 to $17.78 p/hr based on prior experience
EXPLANATION OF PARAPROFESSIONALS JOB RESPONSILITIES:
Under the direction of the classroom teacher the paraprofessional assists with the implementation of the IEP goals and objectives pertaining to educational needs, social-emotional, behavioral development, fine and gross motor skills to foster independence. Candidate will attend training specific to disability and interventions. This position will also be responsible for assisting student with personal hygiene.
· High School Diploma or GED
· Experience in working with deaf-blind multiply handicapped student is a plus,
· Demonstrate understanding of deaf-blindness including importance of function routines, touch cues and providing sufficient processing time.
· Experience with implementation of object communication system and data collection.
· Physically able to transfer a student (approximately 70-100 lbs) throughout the day.
· Physically able to diaper/change student.
· Attentive to subtle changes in behavior
· Ability to see and encourage student’s potential to learn and communicate
· Attend training specific to disability and interventions
This notice should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position or that this is the exclusive list of job functions associated with this position.
The Nashua Board of Education reaffirms its position of compliance with applicable State and Federal laws of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information and age in admission to, access to, treatment in or employment in the services, programs and activities of the Nashua School District.